Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Comments

I've been told "It's why we blog". It's a kind of applause I guess.

Just having "hits" to your blog isn't enough really, you like to know that somewhere out there someone is thinking "I'll just take a look and see if there's anything new at whats-his-faces blog". Even better if they take the time to leave a comment (if you missed that, ITS A HINT TO LEAVE ME A COMMENT)

A few days ago I got "tagged" by another blogger. "Dr John" (who purports to be a man of the cloth) has some sort of game where he asks his blog readers to visit a blogger site and leave a message to gain "JC" points that could win you a prize.

Dr John does point out that its only for fun, the prizes certainly corroborate this, a "Saffron Bun" being one of the better prizes (that's what he says!... I dont even know what one is)..... even so, Dr John does have a large congregation and they've taken his advice and visited yours truly.

Admittedly, most of the visitors that have left a message are not interested in anything I have to say and deposit a message just to receive their "JC" points, absolutely nothing wrong with that. The main point is that they left a message, and that message was "you exist"

What I'd like you to do, in return, is visit Dr John and leave him a comment, just mention you've come from this blog.... a round of applause if you like (and no, there arnt any prizes, sorry)

4 comments:

Kat Campbell said...

Dr. John is a good guy, he once picked my blog for the link of the day and I've had the pleasure of many nice people dropping in to see me since. Comments are important, and you are a nice person to encourage everyone to head back over to Dr. J.

petercmoore said...

Dr. John is cool.

I've been listening to his classic album "Gris Gris: The Night Tripper" in the car.

Tina Dray said...

I came back again and this time Dr John didn't send me!
thanks for your visit i agree it's nice to know there's people out there who know you exist and Dr John is out there introducing us all, how else would we have known we where there?

David said...

I've been Doctor-Johned. It's a lot more fun than a flick in the face with a wet kipper.