Sunday, October 01, 2006

Biohazard!

I'm writing this from my pit... I'm hold up because I've contracted the flu.... straight from the devils own arse it would appear.

Now, I've got a bit of a phobia about having a blocked nose.... When I'm full of snot I can get a little anxious and sleep is out of the question... which just exacerbates the illness.

So, I have to "entertain" myself during the nights until the bunged up phase moves on... thankfully, this time its only been for one night.

But last night was very odd. I was running a temperature and feeling battered and bruised, every movement was painful especially clearing my rancid and heavily infected throat. I dosed myself up on Lemsip and Sudafed and went to bed.

I remember tossing (careful!) and turning and having real ghoulish dreams. Having to change the duvet at one point 'cos I'd perspired it to death........

I'm also On Call...... and the inevitable happened, a call at 4.20am... I've vague recollections of talking, and especially trying to bring myself round to understand what my colleague was saying. It didn't work, I think I just gave up in the end, apologised and put the phone down.... I guess on Monday I'll be hauled over the coals about it...... which may result in me gobbing into the air-con intakes.


Revenge is a yellow and green phlegm ball.




No comments: