Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Beta-Bloggers

Hmmmm, I had no idea Blogger had all these new ideas for updating their service. I logged on yesterday and was presented with a screen asking if I wanted to move my blog over to the new structure. At first I thought "knackers to that, it'll screw up everything I've built so far"..... but after getting pissed off at various people I though I'd take the plunge and have my whole day go horribly wrong.

Well, it didn't. I managed to incorporate almost everything I had on the old blog without too much trouble, even my GeoData and map survived.

I have to say the best feature to be added to the new Blog is the ability to add labels to a post. This gives me a change to categorise posts, which makes them a little easier to find later on. I also like the "Feeds" section, this enables you to add a live feed to the side bar which is dynamically updated (I think its dynamically updated, I haven't checked it).... This section will be for privileged sites only, so Mell, Pete and Russ consider your Blogs special... at least to me.

3 comments:

Russ said...

Heh-Heh...Dave thinks I'm special "blush"

petercmoore said...

Ooh! That's groovy. Maybe I'll get my blog beta'd up too.

Yes, it's a nice feeling to be special. I've always felt the same way - since I rode the special bus to my special school, licking the special windows as I merrily went along...

Apprentice said...

Oh that's very clever, I must say. Like the tags, but those dynamic links are stocious. Blogger is dragging its heels over upgrading blogs on their own servers, so mine will take a while, or maybe never (sniff), but I'm often so tempted to suspend things over there anyway.