Sunday, November 13, 2005

Apparently, I'm not well.

A few weeks ago I blogged about 3 George Avenue, the place where I grew up. Just another entry in my blog, nothing special, no hidden meanings. I guess I was trying to explain my method of helping me relax, sometimes when I find myself in a quiet place without distractions I like to mentally enter a familiar place and let my memories re-create the location. Sometimes I linger in a "room" and systematically piece together as many details as my memory can spew out. I don't force it, I just think of a feature and see if any long dead memories emerge.... It can be a fun thing to do, it costs considerably less than a new Xbox game and less embarrassing than having a quick-one-off-the-wrist while waiting for a train.

Anyhow, that's all it was.... but my sister didn't think so.

She was worried when she read it, thought I was maybe depressed and was home sick.... I can assure her that I'm neither of those, I've been away from "home" since 1990 and have no wish (at the moment) to head north and the huge doses of ground-up Prozac I inject into my eyes keep the voices to a minimum.

PS: Neil, can you print off the one about the hamster and show our Susan?... it should make her laugh.... much better than getting all worked up over nowt and having our Barry call to see if I've been sectioned...yet.

6 comments:

meljoy said...

"less embarrassing than having a quick-one-off-the-wrist while waiting for a train."

What does that mean?

How far up North are you from? I'd like to visit the whole of the UK. Is it different than the South? Like America? Like up north is way different from down south here. And I live smack in the middle... Much to my disdain, I'd love to go back to New England (where I'm from) and live and stay forever...

Sorry I'm rambling...

-mel

Delmonti said...

Oh dear.....



can someone explain this to Mel for me?

Anonymous said...

all i can say is sorry now for being the man to explain my friends colourful discriptions. Quick one off the wrist is another way of saying 1)hand shandy 2)shaking hands with your best friend 3) tameing the one eyed python 4) playing the flute etc etc etc - please dont ask me to say more........8-)
To delmonti's credit i think i think he wasnt actually stating an intention to play with himself but rather just explaining his preferred method of 'getting his head in the right place'.
I believe more and more that you just have to find your method to make sense of stuff. Especially as life is so full distractions that just bring stress!
- regards chux
p.s think i should join blogger officially sometime

all thes best

Anonymous said...

Just to add,
i think delmonti should explain about North and South in the uk. Especially as he's lived in both area's. I'm a 100% southerner. Although accents change dramatically between north and south, in fact accents change within in 50 miles of each other in the UK. As far as lifestyles and living are concerned I think delmonti will have the clearer opinion.
Btw Mel, is getting back to New England a possibility for you? On your blog page it does sound like you live in a tough area.

i'm off for now
regards, chux

Anonymous said...

As a delivery driver who lives in the North heres the differences that i have found between North and South

1 People talk to each other on trains busses etc up north.

2 You dont need to take out a second mortgage to buy a sandwich from a service station up north.

3 People from the north wear T shirts all year round.

4 The word DOLE is not a tin of fruit but a way of life up north.

5 enough of this I'm bored now
BUT I'LL STILL BE DREAMING OF YOU CROYDON ESPECALLY IN THE WIND AND RAIN ( Captain Sensible )

meljoy said...

thank you!

2 You dont need to take out a second mortgage to buy a sandwich from a service station up north.

FUNNY!