Thursday, November 24, 2005

An open letter.... to whom it may concern

As the title says, this is an open letter...... To Whom it may concern.

Of course originally it was directed at one person, but as I started I began to realise there was a pattern forming and that I was actually talking to every woman I've ever been close to....... and every future woman I'll end up being close to.

So, to save time and effort I've decided to blog it, it'll save on e-mail addresses.

I've written this e-mail a dozen times or more...... each time I've had to delete its contents.

I realised that none of it would of been useful to either of us. So I'll keep this short, and to the point.

Looking back on Sundays events has left me with a wry smile and a little bit of surprise. Once again I've let my humanity and trustworthiness of people cloud my usual pinsharp cynicism but it's a trait that I'm beginning to understand.

While the whole episode as far as I'm concerned has no real impact on the non-relationship we had it does affect the close friendship I thought we shared. While the world around me embraces a selfishness I only thought existed in Hollywood scripts I convinced myself you were different from the
Camilla's** and Helen's'** that think this kind of behavior is acceptable and appropriate. I know my disappointment is something you and your friends have no regard for and in some cases will be revelled in. I'm glad to say that I'm not seen as "one of the gang".

I only hope that this way of thinking will give you comfort in years to come when people you have hurt are no longer there in those dark and lonely times.

As I've always said. You cant appreciate the good until you've had the bad. This whole experience can only enhance the good to come.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.


DD


** To most people, all names are fictitious, any resemblance to any real people is purely coincidental.... Except for Helen, who is real. She is also a drunk who regulary drives home from the pub and puts it about like a 15th Century plague outbreak..... and from what I've heard the black oozing sores are just as dangerous.



3 comments:

petercmoore said...

Mr Delmonti.

Sir.

I'm getting the train to Woking on Saturday. I suggest you do the same.

And we can have a beer or two after the play. What do you say?

chux said...

now that blog was good therapy! Enjoy the play and glad you guys are out. Have a beer for me, and talk about stupid things(like finding the perfect woman - ha ha i'm so funny sometimes)
see ya
chux

Anonymous said...

Woking eh OK i'll meet you both in O'niels pub next to that silver thingy Goober XXX.