Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Blog is the new Black......dear

So Chuckie’s got his finger out and is now a “Blogger”. Well done…. But there’s a few things you’ll need to jazz up your bit of t’internet.

Flickr Account – It’s an image hosting site with tons & tons of features. The image badge on the right is one example of many.

Blogrolling – This is a bit of script and a website that allows you to easily add links to other websites. Very useful

SiteMeter – This gives you a visitors counter but also gives a myriad of info on who’s been visiting, where, when, why & how..

RSS Feed – Now, this is the button on websites that allows you to have a “Live Bookmark” either to a browser or a newsreader.

That’s the basics Chuckie, get these set up and you’ll be ready for some visitors.

3 comments:

chux said...

thanks for the help in setting up the blog old bean. For those interested please see the link to my blog on delmonti's list under the title Chuckie's Gaff. Or alternatively the url is http://chux-pad.blogspot.com

meljoy said...

hey, I have blogrolling, and I don't knwo how to us eit! I have set up everyone's links and stuff... but its in alphabetical order, which I hate.

Oh, and your friends profile isn't public... I had to use the link he provided to go to his page.

And thanks for the congrats on the A! Haha, no worries, an F is sure to come about soon enough!

(I'm joshin ya!) <--- Yea! howzit for american english, woot!

-mel

meljoy said...

and what the hell is an RSS feed? I mean, how do I work it? I tried to add my feed from blogger, to my yahoo 360 (kuz blogge ris the only blogging website I use, I can't keep up with a million and a half blogs). Everytime I try, yahoo tells me it can't find the feed, am I retarded?

-mel