Saturday, October 29, 2005

Put down the receiver and move away from the phone....

Some people just don’t get it do they? You know, that mental line drawn in the sand where sanity ends and a Hitchcock thriller begins.

Some years ago after an argument with an old girlfriend, I left and went to stay at a mates gaff. I can’t really remember what I'd done to upset her, maybe I'd been whistling on a Tuesday or something but whatever it was, it was heinous enough for her to call me on my mobile phone.

After the seventh non answered call I put the phone on silent, placed it on top of the TV (I wasn’t going to miss throwing scatter cusions at Jamie Oliver for no one) and laid bets with a mate when she would get the hint and stop calling……

Needless to say, we both lost the bet as my mobile’s battery went flat on her 35th attempt…

THIRTY FIVE…. That’s three tens and five units in pre-school money. I’m no psychologist, and I don’t have any formal mental health qualifications that would sooth the dangerously bewildered…… but I do know a loony when it drains my mobile’s battery.

The reason I’m recounting this incident is that the woman concerned has repeated the same act of madness…. Not on me of course, but on another more recent boyfriend… admittedly the bloke in question has no sense of humour, stature, or indeed the ability to shave his own gibbon like body to hide his geographically challenged upbringing.

The result is that this woman was arrested last Tuesday for harassment.







I HAVEN'T STOPPED LAUGHING SINCE

4 comments:

petercmoore said...

Ooh... Can you give us a bigger clue to who she was?! :-)

Delmonti said...

that was the second version I wrote. The original would of caused problems, even tho it was more entertaining and cutting....

meljoy said...

see? there goes another one of those words. "gaff"

As far as eating anything that smells of fish, haha, be careful what you eat over here in america that smells like fish!

I know how you brits love fish and chips, but be careful, haha.

Oh, and stay away from those creepy women. I don't think I have dialed ANY one number 35 times in my ENTIRE life!

-mel

Anonymous said...

Love the photo Goober!