Monday, October 03, 2005

Latest Score: Sofa's 3 Delmonti 0

After 24 years of being abused by women I decided to opt out of the “must have a wife, child, white picket fence” idea and file it away under “Marketting Bullshit”.

It’s just that for me, it’s unobtainable… or should I say, the end game is unobtainable, you know, the “…and everyone lived happily ever after” bit.
I seem to have no problem with the getting married, joint mortgage, huge amounts of debt for soft furnishings and electrical goods part of it… That comes rather easily. The trouble usually starts with the women in my life deciding that living in a safe, secure and relatively happy lifestyle is just not enough. That’s ok, these things happen. You brush yaself off, and start again….. or do you?
How often is this supposed to happen? How many houses do you purchase? how many TV’s DVD players and sofa’s are needed before you eventually find someone who can be satisfied with their lot?

Of course, it’s not the material possessions that matter, given an infinite amount of living on the breadline most crippling debts can be paid off. What takes its toll is the emotional side of things. Eventually, you become disillusioned. Thinking that you may be trying too hard, or perhaps there’s other more intricate problems which you’re missing?….. It can seriously feck your head up.

I must of spent over 13 years trying to evaluate where I’ve gone wrong…. I mean, it must be me who’s wrong….right?

Well, the answer is….. No…. I’m not the one at fault here. I don’t shag around. I don’t smack people around, I don’t piss all my money up the wall or gamble my house away and I’ve never lost a job to the evils of drugs……

So, in the interests of sanity and the fact I can no longer sustain woman-kinds need for white goods, half the house and part ownership in the dog I’ve decided to hang my happy-sacks out to dry.

“People……. It’s been emotional”

my nads, yesterday

4 comments:

petercmoore said...

Dave - sounds like you need a hug - or a drink!

In my mind, life's a compromise. When you find a woman you love, and (more importantly) who actually loves you back and doesn't just piss off after 10 minutes when they've sucked you dry, until you're a wind-blown husk...

Errr... Where was I?

Oh, yes. There's always an element of compromise, I think. Like you, I'm a bloke. So - I like women. Very much. But I also like slobbing about the house in my keks, eating curry for breakfast and kebabs for lunch and doing nowt but watching TV and going to the pub.

I'm not really sure what my point is now. Probably - birds are a necessary evil.

Hope that helped. Probably not.

Anonymous said...

Dave

What can I say mate - you've written down what's inside me head.
I bow to your superior literary skills sir :o)
Now where's that interest-free form for DFS....

Anonymous said...

Pete's right, lets facew it you were dealt a shitty hand Delmonti man, Huggs and beers all round Goober.....Burp!

Jacob said...

Dave, I don't know if you will even get this. I hope I check back to see if you reply (this being such an old post and all), but I just have to tell you that you are singing my song. Well, back in October of 2005 you were. Still singing it like this?

Compromise/Schmompromize----what part of the promise of forever do you finally get to trust? I'm thinking you don't get to.