Friday, September 30, 2005

A Fantastic thing.....


It's no secret I'm a lover of laughter. I've loved over some of the funniest people out there, but recently, I've emptied my happy sacks over Julia Davis for her creation of the BBC3 series Nighty Night.

Julia plays Jill Tyrell, an attractive 27 year old with a lust for life and a flexible spine. In reality, she's a devious, manipulative, evil passive-aggressive with one eye on the main chance and the other on Don Cole (Angus Deayton).... She's the kind of woman I have married in the past and had children with.

But for me, the most amazing part of this comedy series is that the BBC have decided to have the entire series available on line... Video On Demand (you'll need RealPlayer to watch it)

I know the BBC is not the first to do this kind of VOD, but it's free from adverts and wont cost a penny.


2 comments:

petercmoore said...

Eeeh! Can't agree with you more about Series 1, mate.

But series 2 hasn't been up to scratch. I think the lovely Ms Davies has spent too much time trying to shock us and forgotten to make us laugh too. And while the first series was on the edge, it was also just about feasible - the 2nd series isn't as believeable and so Jill isn't as monstrous.

'Human Remains' though. Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I still think one of the best bits of series one (and I agree she is a woman I have been married to as well) is where she is in the Hospice with her husband Terry and says "The doctor recommended two books - one for you called "Embracing Death" (or something) and for me called "Your whole life ahead of you"
Class....