Thursday, September 22, 2005

5k rig at my funeral...please.


Funerals are so depressing, awkward and sometimes bloody inconvenient..... but unfortunately, inevitable... even for those non-smokers who seem to think they are immortal.

I've been to a few funerals... and knowing the person who has passed away they never seem to get the kind of music they would of wanted... And what makes it worse is the appalling quality of the sound system being used. No one is to blame of course, not the family, not their friends, not the Church or the Crematorium, it's just the way it is.

So no flowers for me, put it towards the rental of a 5k rig to be installed at the Crematorium..



...and the music? well, as long as Mr Blue Sky by ELO is played at least once I can safely let Goober pick the rest.... he knows like no one else.

3 comments:

Neutron said...

Good idea!

I fought to have "Bring Me Sunshine" at my mother's funeral as we went out...there were some surprised looks but SHE always loved it..

Now for mine hmm...this needs some thought...

petercmoore said...

Ooh! That's a good question. I had to ponder it and make sure I answered fully and sensibly, so check out my answer over here...

Anonymous said...

Dont you worry about the music Delmonti my old fruit, there would be plenty of Milo, Wonderstuff, Big Country etc maybe a Lying In Need live type thing on the old banjo who knows, by the way if i go first (morbid mode) High Hopes by Floyd and gotta get Smash it up by The Damned in there OK Cheers me dears Goober XXX.