Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Our green and pleasant land


A Bank Holiday! As no-one else I knew wanted me involved in anything they were doing this weekend I decided to naff off on the bike..... You'd think the offer of a ride out into the English countryside on a spectacular summers day with a picnic would entice someone* to come along with me.... wouldn't you? (* female only, I'm not "new man" enough to have a bloke nestling my buttocks on the back of the bike).


A quick flick in the Reader Digest Road Book and I came across Glastonbury Tor, far enough away to make a day of it and in the right direction to find some exhilarating roads to master.

So, a 7am start..... camera, wallet, GPS and two cans of Red Bull... I'm ready. Thumb the starter, savour the growl of the Blue Flame exhausts and I'm off....

There's nowt like hitting the sweet spot of an apex on a twisty "B" road.. and my trip to Glastonbury was full of 'em. 100% concentration, 100% exhilaration, fantastic.

Oh, you wanna know about the Tor, well, its a big hill with an old tower thingy on top... you can see for miles on a clear day.... if thats your bag that is.

Pictures from the rideout here

No comments: