Tuesday, December 06, 2005

a conscientious objector to the war that’s in my mind

It’s seven waves away, something deep within, something that’s been here for a long time… and only waves away. It surfaces every now and again, making its symptoms known but never showing itself in full, knowing I may find its weakness. It’s a living breathing entity, with intelligence far greater than mine and cunning to match any beast the world has seen. It possesses weapons of mass deception…and its here right now. Watching, waiting, contemplating…. it’s next clandestine move, breaking down, travelling to that familiar place, somewhere we can’t be found where our poison ferments…..just seven waves away.

8 comments:

meljoy said...

No worries, hun. When I get over there, I'll touch you!

-mel

meljoy said...

wow, did you write that?

Delmonti said...

yes, all of it, very late last night.

petercmoore said...

Get hold of a CD called "Gypsy Punks" (or possibly it's "Underdog World Strike" - it's a confusing cover).

It's a band called Gogol Bordello.

They're bonkers.

You'll like them.

In fact - look out for a little somthing in your email...

Anonymous said...

Dave I've just read this post and i could hear Richard Burton saying it, then came the Jeff Wayne music WOTW 2 Goober!!

meljoy said...

OMG!!! GOGOL BORDELLO IS EFFIN AWESOME!!!! I saw them at Warped Tour...ooohhhhh looove!

Anonymous said...

Dave, I love that picture. Did you take it? Where was it taken? And where were you Saturday night?! - Jenny

Delmonti said...

The picture is of Hartlepool..... but I didnt take it. It's from some bloke on Flickr...

I cant really imagine Hartlepool looking so....errrmmm....nice. I'd guess it's been heavily polished in Photoshop.