Tuesday, December 11, 2007

it was... honest.

I knew he was someone I'd seen on the telly, but I just couldn't put my finger on who it was. The way he called all the staff by their first names and the confidence in his voice he was either "theatrical" or a twat........ he was far too well dressed to be the usual twat you'd find in a doctors waiting room. but for the life of me I couldn't place his mug.

That was almost 3 weeks ago. 
It's taken that long for my subconscious to re-assemble the facts and spring the answer.
It was...... Edward Woodward.

He now resides in my growing list of celebrities I've had the chance to talk to but didn't.

These include:

Janice Long - while interviewing Miles Hunt
Vic Reeves - at a Wonder Stuff Gig
Ken Dod - at a dog show
Bobby Thompson - another dog show
Angus Deayton - bus stop in London
Lionel Blair - Waitrose car park in West Byfleet
Des Lynam - shouted obscenities at me from a moving car
Dermot Morgan (Father Ted) - told me to "Feck Off" at the Turks Head in Twickenham
Pete Waterman - I told him to "feck off" - Green room for the Gloria Hunniford Show

6 comments:

petercmoore said...

OK, I'll bite.

Why were you in the green room on the Gloria Hunniford show?

Was that back when you were her toy-boy?

Delmonti said...

Twas an interview for "The Experiment". They sent a car to pick me up then drop me back from the TV studios in London. Waterman was there trying to promote his latest cringe worthy fop.

Ms Hunniford is actually only 3 foot tall and has a broad lancashire accent, woden legs and real feet.

chux said...

me too me too!!

I met Edward Woodward at the
Runnymede Private hospital waiting room. He was definately not on top form, but very gracious to the staff I thought. (they all fluttered around him)

He was in the first run of the Wicker Man. In the 80's he did that american show, 'The Equalizer'.

I can't imagine talking to Ken Dodd, i'm scared of his fluffy stick!!

Anonymous said...

Apparently Ken Dodd used to take his dads dog to shows, before it died, like.

theboywil said...

I would love to meet him...

One of my favorite jokes of all time is-

"What do you call a man with a plank on his head?"

"Edwood"

"Ok, then what do you call a man with three planks on his head..?"

"Edwood Woodward"

Living in America seems to mean that no-one gets it... :-(

(I was born at 30 Woodward Street and spent way too long speaking to Janice Long at a Damo/Levellers gig in wolverhampton a while ago..)

jomoore said...

I have spoken to Lionel Blair.