Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I'd like to thank....

Well, looks like I'll be moving to a new gaff next week.

This has all been going on since early January, but I've not really blogged about it..... mainly because of my inherent bad luck when making something public knowledge... so I've kept my gob shut.

As it stands at the moment I've had a mortgage offer, the sellers have accepted, dates have been confirmed and there's a large bag of money somewhere in south London with the sellers name written all over it.

But the best bit of all? it'll be all mine! (in 25 years time that is).

There'll be no soul sucking woman in the background waiting for the moment when she can legally take everything I own, make me bankrupt, have me thrown in jail for frowning and making her "fear for her own safety" which will enable her to take my children to live with some fat idiot in a house paid for and furnished by me.... all with the full backing and support of the legal system.

So, I'd like to thank the following people for making this purchase possible...

My ex wife: for making me see how shallow, greedy and dishonest one human being can be.

Emily: for being so special. It made me put a lot of fear to one side so she can eventually have something to call her own.

Chuckie: for pushing me mentally to get this done.

My Financial Advisor: for not laughing too much at my predicament and helping me through this minefield.

3 comments:

Kat Campbell said...

Bravo David! A home of your very own, decorated entirely in shades of brown if that's your desire! No ruffly curtains or pink flowers in the bathroom. Beer in the fridge (and chocolate milk for Emily). You're moving on.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm also very happy with it all. I think the Neighbours will be fine....!

jomoore said...

Congratulations, Dave! I guess I'm probably one of those neighbours, so obviously you'll be very happy!