Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I'm In!

It's taken me 17 years to get to this point.

but as of the 15th of this month I can now officially call Ocean Finance and get myself some debt consolidation secured entirely on my new home.

how comforting and refreshing.

Anyhow, everything is now moved. All done without the aid of payed movers which I'll never do again.... it was a nightmare. I managed to over do it and bust my hip again and if it wasn't for the following people who gave up time and a little sweat I'd still be in the old gaff in a pool of my own waste.

So, I'd like to thank....

  • The lodger (Mr Wall, who's transformation into "White Van Man" was like something from Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde)
  • Chuckie (who supplied heaps of muscle and fat man power)
  • Pooch (muscle and bike talk)
  • Paul Haygreen (supplier of muscle and a large Audi Estate)

without these fellas, it wouldn't happen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr Jekyll? I couldn't help meself - as soon as I sat behind that huge steering wheel,looking down on everyone with trolleys like Toyota Yaris's,I just had to drive like a mad fella! No seatbelt,leaving the handbrake on and leering at anything female with a hole and a heartbeat (under age 30 that is).
Yes my genes came back to haunt me.I wanted to buy a spade just so I could stand at the back of the van and lean on it,mumbling how much tarmac costs these days.Cooked breakfasts kept waving at me....
Anyway - congrats mate - its nice to be part of Castle Dawson MkII.Next time we get Pickfords in roight?!!

Scree said...

If you'd fully returned to your roots you would surely use a Toyota Hi-Ace (to be pronounced Hiaccy). Theres only one way to drive a white van though and I agree yarisman's sentiments. Anyway I also send my congrats to Mr Dawson, have you unpacked the fleeces and stored them in the contamination unit yet?

Jay said...

Thank goodness I'm a girl, it gets me out of all kinds of unnatural manual labour.

Anonymous said...

Wow, how lucky you are to have so much help! Send that crew over to help me next week. Right now it looks like it will be me, Princess and the grade schoolers. Should be interesting going up three flights of stairs.

Delmonti said...

Chux: stop being a tart. If anyone knows the power of fat then its both of us. Not only is fat a difficult stain to remove but its capacity to lift all manner of soft furnishings is astounding.

Scree: the fleeces are safe and sound.

Kat: just say the work and I'll ship them over