Saturday, March 24, 2007

This is for Kat.

I've just read your blog.

...and I'm gutted.

Nothing I say (or anyone else) will help right now. But maybe if you come back at a later stage you'll understand what I've got to say.

First, let me apologise that I havnt replied sooner. As you can see, I've had my hands full, and this is the first time I've been able to check the blogs that matter to me.

Second, it hurts... and I know it.

There's this very large and heavy curtain we like to draw around us when everything we believe in begins to dissolve. It's a very natural defence mechanism which has to take its course. That course can run for some time, there is no formula to work out how long it'll last, all you'll ever know is that eventually it will lift.

Some people never experience it. (usually the mad and the bad)
Some people try to remove it chemically. (but only prolong the agony)
Some people experience it briefly. (the enlightened ones?)

...and some of us...

are never the same again.


Kat, never think you're alone on this one. No matter how small, faraway or insignificant you think I am from your current position, I'll be here... waiting.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave...thank you. A little of the cold, scary little rat that's been nibbling at my soul has been caged. Nothing seems real right now, so its easy to be flippant and funny, but eventually reality will win out and I'll really have to feel this pain. I'm really scared, and really lonely and knowing you're out there...on the other side of just this kind of circumstance, gives me hope that I can do it too.