Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Coughing horses and see-though students.

I'm on a training course (its a BMC Remedy course if ya must know and I'm on Day 8 of 10).....

So I have to be quick as I only have a few minutes between modules and Lab exercises (nothing to do with Labradors, no court orders were breached!) but the keyboard is SO loud that people are looking at me and today I'm pretending to be translucent.... not totally invisible cos that's silly, but just enough to get me on the news... think The Abyss or Donnie Darko

Then there's the fella sitting next to me... He's our assigned COUGHING MONKEY. I know every course, seminar, meeting, cinema, animal research lab and doctors surgery has to have its complement of coughers, but the one we've been assigned is attempting to launch a slice of his infected lung across the room and onto the whiteboard..... This is not a gentle "ahem" politely placed into a tissue or perhaps an enclosed hand, but what seems at first to be the death rattle from a wild horse just off my right shoulder.

Anyhow, its almost lunch time.... not much to report there, I did ask if the manky looking "lunch" had been tested on ex-Soviet Spies but I don't think they got it.


5 comments:

Apprentice said...

Complete invisibility is a lot easier to accomplish than temporary translucency, especially when on a training course, so here's a big up to the lobster for that!

petercmoore said...

They're saying that the Russian guy was poisoned with radioactive Polonium.

Isn't that a type of sausage?

Delmonti said...

I thought it was a type of kitchen floor covering

Anonymous said...

Dave you're thinking of that ICI floor covering from that 1974 catalogue - its not radioactive but it still glows bright green.
Wasn't it made by ICI or someone?

Anonymous said...

You must have lucked out to only be seated next to the cougher. Most courses (which we call seminars) are also populated with a tapper and a chronic whisperer. How do you keep your eyes from glazing over at these things?