Friday, November 24, 2006

For Jillian (my niece)....and my sister Susan.

It seems an explanation is required for a previous post.

So, to answer your question... no.... no I'm not in love with the ex wife Linda. I may be "in love" with that particular time in my life, but its a far cry from actually being in love with someone I haven't seen or heard from in the last 13 years.

It has been suggested that if Linda was to "reappear" I'd drop everything to be with her. Hmmmm, that's an interesting one. I'd like nothing better than to meet up with Linda, I think she's got a lot of explaining to do, some of which could end the remorse and guilt I know she should be suffering from. But if the suggestion is that I'd give up "who I am" and "what I've got" to be with at best a liar and worst an internally deceased emotionally barren purveyor of STD's then some people need to update their perceptions........

(wow I just read that back... for someone who says he doesn't care I'm sure putting a lot of emotion into it! Yikes)

Anyhow, what you need to understand is that "those" people no longer exist, there is no-one to fall in love with.

There are three things you should never return to, no matter what.

  1. A dud firework
  2. An ex girlfriend (this includes Ex Wives who "re-appear" with delusional expectations)
  3. A wounded Ninja
I hope that puts an end to any confusion about the ex wife.




5 comments:

Julia said...

an ex girlfriend? even if you only just split up with her?

Anonymous said...

Mate - thats the best one I've seen you write on here. Take me hat off to ya :-)

Anonymous said...

You know what they say my friend, the opposite of love is not hate, but indifference. Nobody really ever can go back, though. Even if the old love has changed for the better, it is still a change and the fit will no longer be there.

Delmonti said...

Nicely put Kat. and very very true

chux said...

i think we should add a blocked toilet! Never return to a blocked toilet just run!

Hmm lots of religious niggles going on with your last comment on my blog, sounds to me like you need the lord in your life my son :-)

Borat, all I can say if you dont believe me watch this film for yourself. And when you have seen 10 mins of 2 ugly hairy men fight naked through a hotel you too will start to feel sick. The genitalia in each others face is enough to make Billy Elliot straight!!!

Go on I dare you!