Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sushi'ed

Monday 18th February.

Is fast approaching. This will be the day I get my hip resurfacing done. Hurrah!

Of course I'm not looking forward to.... errrm, well...... a multitude of wild and mostly unpleasant experiences. Of course it's all for the greater good, but it simply wouldn't be ME if I didn't stick the knife in (pun intended) and grind away at the bits medical professionals put in the file marked "This may be a little bit uncomfortable Mr Dawson".

Now, lets get this phrase into context. "This may be a little bit uncomfortable Mr Dawson"

A quick Google for "Uncomfortable" pulls up this definition:


providing or experiencing physical discomfort; "an uncomfortable chair"; "an
uncomfortable day in the hot sun"
Yes, that's it, an uncomfortable chair or a day in the hot sun.. That would be my definition too. Which makes me wonder just what the feck these doctors are sitting on at home and how often they are holidaying in Death Valley.

There's just no mention ANYWHERE of jamming a tube up ya japs eye then inflating a large balloon inside your bladder...... Nor the mental anguish and anticipation of being wide awake when its removed. It's just something I don't equate to sitting on a lumpy sofa. I would imagine the orderly who drew the short straw (pun not intended) would agree.




Another "uncomfortable" situation the doctors would like me to experience is walking the length of the room just HOURS after being filleted, drilled, rivited, welded, knifed, stabbed, stapled, stitched and punched until unconscious. They say it's to get the circulation going again, but I would suggest the blood sodden dressing and the rivulets of claret matted with my leg hair would be evidence enough my circulation is coping fine.

All this while screaming like a girl for my mother is not something I'd ever imagine doing after a day in the Hartlepool Sun.

Anyhow, I'd just like to take this opportunity to let people know that should I kark it on the table all my worldly goods and numerous insurance policies should be used to pay off my debts and the left over be put into trust for Emily....... The rest of the Dawson family can get knotted, I know that sounds ungrateful, ignorant, uncaring and selfish but does reciprocate the general attitude experienced over the last 15 years.

Obviously, that's not gonna happen, so If you are reading this Sis/Bro/Dad then instead of getting all "How very dare you" on me just think on who's got the most healthy kidneys for transplant should you need one.

This could be the very last entry before my Op..... or ever. So, if you're still reading this, and have NEVER commented before then please leave a message... you don't even need to sign up to anything, just leave it as anonymous.

Love light and happiness.

David...

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooooooo Matron.
Just think of the comedy potential in a hospital. 1000 carry on films can't be wrong.

I'll c u Monday (Op Day) on my way home from work. Don't even think about trying to get away.

Pooch.

theboywil said...

Good luck with the sharp pointy sticks.... And the walking so soon afterwards...

petercmoore said...

Does Blogger count as a valid repository for a last will and testament?

Look, Dawson, you big girl, my Nan managed to have two hip-ops without any problems. You'll be fine.

And anyway, I'm looking forward to visiting you in hospital and taking the piss - though to be true to form, I'll have to take it through a tube...

Delmonti said...

Pooch: comedy protential... see PT:

theboywill: thanks fella, I hope to be at the Guildford gig March 8th...... ok maybe not, but ya never know.


PT: of course you're right. Nowts gonna happen.... but that dosent stop Sweeny Tod's assistants from letting you know what COULD go wrong. Keeping it quiet and all in the small print isnt good enough for those fellas, they let ya know with detail where all those tubes and clown balloons are gonna go!

And if ya do visit then please please dont wear any kind of clothing with buttons or anything else which could "snag" a tube anywhere near me, the thought of being dragged down a corridor by my own still "fitted" catheter has me in a cold sweat..... enough.

chux said...

I like Pooch's carry on comment. Sid James laughing and whilstling at the pretty nurses with the short skirts. You'll love it mate, it'll be like a holiday. Ok with a lot of blood and uncomfortableness but other than that....ohh and the tubes up your willy. It all sounds a riot.

Obviously i'm kiddin ya fella. I plan to come and help out a bit when you are back home again, but we'll speak on the phone about that .

jomoore said...

All the best for the op, Dave. Just keep thinking of all the leaping and skipping you'll be doing in no time...! :o)

chux said...

yer just think of the leaping and dislocating you'll be doing Dave

Russ said...

DoubleD, I'll call you over the weekend brother.

Chin up and all that

R

Anonymous said...

Bogger upgrades that keep eating my comments...sheesh.
Good luck Monday! I'll be thinking "no pain" in your direction. It won't work, but at least I'll be thinking.

Anonymous said...

Dave (Dicky) Dawson, you could have least left me your Killing Joke CD and Dre's drum skin, Still I'm not bitter, Anyroad like i said before you get yoursell back on ya feet ya soft arse....Goober.

Don said...

So, how did it go? Back to walking yet? No, wait, it's next Monday!! Good luck!!

Velu said...

love & happiness.

Cheers,
Velu

Len said...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Looking forward to hearing how well you soldiered through this painful experience. (There's something very twisted in me...) Seriously wishing you well.

Chris said...

Don't take any notice of those s0-called mates, Dave. How many of them have been in hospital with things poking in and out of them? I know for a fact that pt wouldn't be exactly brave if he was facing the knife!

You just be a brave little soldier and enjoy all of the lovely goodies that they're going to bring you on their visits.

Scree said...

Dave,
Hope all goes well from the whole of the Scree family. Get the doctor to fit a Metronome to both legs whilst he's there....
In all serious, hope all goes well and your back drumming, walking and abusing people soon.
Aaron, Steve, Paul & Vic.

arsebundren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
arsebundren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
arsebundren said...

I see the resurfacing is going down today... good luck and godspeed, good sir.