Friday, February 29, 2008

10 years and me....

Sitting on ya arse with nothing much to do has always been an incentive for me to become creative. In recent months/years it's been with the still camera, but occasionally, I have been known to fanny about with the camcorder.

Usually this has been around my "brother-from-another-mother" Goober, when he's been either gigging, rehearsing or maybe the odd road trip.

So. I dug out the "Simon Wood shagged this Video" DVD which I compiled in 2003 from a weekend trip to Cambridge in 1998 where we (Goober, Simon, myself and not forgetting Pete Moore) hired a studio for no other reason than to celebrate 10 years since the last time we were actively in a band.

So it's 10 years on. Lots of things have changed. I no longer have to imagine what it must be like to work alongside The Wonder Stuff, nor do I feel the need to ignore Mr Wood..... maybe I need to explain.

Mr Wood and I seldom got on (he's the guitarist.... actually, do any drummers and guitarists get on?), lets just put it down to a personality clash.... He probably had one and I didn't.... or something along those lines. Anyhow, I've not spoken to the fella since August 1998, and I think it's worked out just fine but I'm always open to new experiences and if anyone from "Edd Smash & The Dinosaur Wangs" wanna do a 20th anniversary get together then I guess I'll be up for it....... I even know of a decent rehearsal/studio.

I digress..... I sat down yesterday morning, and played the DVD "Simon Wood Shagged this Video". I was quite surprised how good the "shagged" bits were, even more surprised how funny the The Wonder Stuff piss takes were and just a little impressed with Goobers "Miles Hunt" impressions.

So, here they are, warts and all.

Pete Moore: Rhythm method guitar
Goober: Bass, Vocalist, songwriter and Vehicle delivery operative
Simon Wood: Lead Guitar, antagonist and shagger of videos, accommodation
Dave Dawson: Drums, gobshite, cameraman


5 comments:

chux said...

looks like a laugh

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave, are you on strong drugs or summut? Think we both must be getting older, and dare I say wiser?
....Nope just older!

Nice idea but can't due to ill health, "One Day....." maybe, but not anytime soon 'afraid.
:(

....and all those stuffie songs we could play too! You know how difficult it is to find anybody who knows their stuff..>!! D'Oh!

Anonymous said...

Well it's took 10 years, but defo worth the wait, Shame it wont be happening but if anything changes The Bass Machine is here you know my mobile number......Goober.

Delmonti said...

Simon: surely if ya can roll a joint you can bang out a few chords?

Goober: as per always..... who needs a bloody guitarist..... apart from us that is ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oi nobby... Did you want a copy of the 1988 video?