Friday, May 12, 2006

Better days?

Sometimes, you look within yourself to find the right kind of words to give the people you love. I was never gifted enough to express the kind of emotion I feel, thats why all my heros are musicians.....

Lyrics and music are my emotions. They have the ability to speak in volumes what I feel and want to say. The following fits with Who I Am and Where I want To Be.... right now.


And you ask me what I want this year
And I try to make this kind and clear
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
And desire and love and empty things
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days

So take these words
And sing out loud
Cuz everyone is forgiven now
Cuz tonight's the night the world begins again

And it's someplace simple where we could live
And something only you can give
And thats faith and trust and peace while we're alive

Goo Goo Dolls: Better Days


2 comments:

meljoy said...

I love this song! I found it during christmastime and it was actually part of my email signature. I feel the same way about music and lyrics, music has always been a big part of my life an doften say what I can't (hence the recent goodbye blog).

I have recently come across a band called Blue October and their music has been on repeat for the past week or so in my mp3 player. If you want, check them out, they have a song with Imogen Heap called "Congratulations", um... my favorite has to be "You Make Me Smile" There's "Hate Me" and "Into The Ocean." Really the whole album (Foiled) is good. I just downloaded their other album this morning, but haven't had the chance to listen to it.

I haven't been listening to much else, so I can't advise any other music, but yes, this song (ggdolls) is a great one!

Roy said...

Tbh, I'm pretty disappointed by the Goo's latest album. Not really up to their old stuff.

Although I do like this one song, the video bores me to tears.

Other than that I love the GGD!

Sorry to rain on your parade :)