Thursday, February 16, 2006

The wheels on the bus.....

So, it's official (I think.... maybe me posting on this blog makes it official), I'm on The Wonder Stuff payroll!

I was asked a few days ago if I fancied pulling drums apart and putting them back together again for TWS's Andres Karu..... for the entire tour. Thats 12 (maybe 13) gigs in about 16 days

Seemed a bit daft not to really. It's not every day ya get the chance to work with a bunch or Lords.

So, here I am....

Booked time off work....
Stepping out of the comfortable and into the unknown....
No illusions of grandeur here, I'll be worked to near death....
A welcome change from my normal.

Shopping List:

Sanford Sharpies (it's a kinda permanent marker... apparently)
Maglite
Drum Key
(I may have to sneak in a cow bell somewhere)

11 comments:

petercmoore said...

Ah, balls! That means I'm duty bound to come along to watch the Stuffies at a gig near me.

Good job lad! Dream come true and all that.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

So are you coming to Edinburgh?

Anonymous said...

Glasgow, according to the web site.

I can probably make that.

Delmonti said...

Pete: You dont have to if ya dont want. I dont really know what to expect but I guess I'm gonna be worked hard..... but at least I'll get to see how a "sucessful" band gets everything done on a tour.....

I cant really think of anything better.... lets hope Mr Karu dosent somehow fall ill.... or anything!

Delmonti said...

Ian: I'll be there... if I havnt died of knackeredness

Anonymous said...

Feck Me you a drum tech for the stuffies and i have my own my own video show (ok it's not MTV) but hey. Good work see ya soon Goober.

Jonathan said...

You'll have to wear all black and have various screwdriver type things hanging from your belt aswell...the true roadie/techie look!

petercmoore said...

Ah, well I sort of do want to go, but some of the Wonder Stuff's more, er, grungier fans tend to put me off - as I think you've commented on before.

I enjoyed the Kentish Town gig a few years ago - but the undercurrent of violence wasn't pleasant!

Delmonti said...

I know what ya mean Pete, but it's sometimes nice to know that your fav band still pulls in the nutters. I just wish the female ones looked better

Anonymous said...

Delmonti said...
I just wish the female ones looked better.

I shall take that as an insult then and see you at Dudley and Bristol.

Nice work if you can get it! Well done and have fun! - Jenny

Delmonti said...

HA! Jenny..... I think we both know who I'm talking about!