Monday, January 09, 2006

Fields of Fire....

I know a lot of you out there know of my heinous track record with women. And if you don’t, then all you really need to know is that I'm still banned from owning in any perverse description of the word a "girlfriend" by court order.

It's not 'cos I'm a raving abusive loony but because I'm a complete and utter titwank and let women walk all over me (no high heels please), especially if they let me shag them every now and again.

Anyhow, a friend of mine who also shares the same unfortunate aliment (to a lesser degree) has decided he needs some exposure (the nice kind, not the kind that gets you on the "Sex Offenders” list) to the opposite sex.

The normal thing to do would be to get ourselves off to the nearest town to pull some loose or inebriated hogs (better known as "Pigs in Wigs")….. but this approach is something we cant do. It’s not possible…. We’re both pig ugly with the conversation skills of citrus fruit.

What we need is a caged area where the women are forced to talk to us and cant use the “Feck off or I’ll call the Police” line.

And what do you know, a place like this exists….. It’s called Speed Dating! To be fair, the speed dating agencies don’t market it quite like I just have, but when ya boil it all down I think you’ll find my description fits the bill.

Anyhow, I’ll be taking the whole experience as seriously as I can and have decided to wear an eye patch and exaggerate my already pronounced limp. If all goes well I may end up going to these events every few months, I can then try out a few other “characters” I’m constructing for a future comedy sitcom I’ve been commissioned to create for Channel 4 and the National Rifle Association.

Anyhow, if you live around the Guildford area then don’t be too shocked to see several visibly disturbed women seeking dark corners to cry and shake uncontrollably in.

I’ll let you know how it all goes once my bail has been paid and my lithium levels are returned to normal.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Feck off or I'll call the police" ?? Seem to remember that from Rixys in Durham circa 1990? And theyre still saying it??

chux said...

try chatting to the ladies with a small amount of dribble on the side of your mouth! - they'll think you are just so juicy!!

or how about putting a luncheon meat and sardine mixture on the front of your underpants and leaving your fly undone - ladies go crazy for that manly smell

or how about eveytime the lady finishes speaking just say "you're so funny" or how about "thats easy for you to say sweetheart" or the best is "do ya take it up the gary" - whichever way you'll be building the other person up and making you look like a sensitive and understanding man

petercmoore said...

I tried "speed-dating" once, but got it totally wrong.

Before each new 'date' I would snort a line of amphetamine-nitrate. By the 3rd time, I would get through my entire repertoire of conversation, including my life and employment history, before the woman had even sat down.*

Drugs. Drugs are bad. Mm-kay?!


* This story may not be true...

Delmonti said...

Ian: Yes, its odd, that phrase seems to have migrated to the south around the same time I did......

of course, its a coincidence.

Chux: Dribble is a difficult thing to control so thats out. "Do you take it up the Gary" will be in my patter... it's simply a given.

Pete: We both know that story is true, so dont try and hide it. How else do you explain the ginger lass you married? (I may be in trouble for that last bit)

chux said...

i'm glad someone at last spoke up about Pete's ex. because i've always wondered what the hell was going on there!!!?? Sorry Pete, but at least now I know it was drug induced.

meljoy said...

omg, you are so effin funny!

I am not sure what take it up the gary means, but haha, I'm also not sure if I wanna know!

I have never done speed dating, but I would love to try it and see how many guys I could chase off in 30 seconds of talking with me!

Delmonti said...

Check this link and look for "Gary Glitter"

London Slang

chux said...

mate with fishy and meaty nuts and a willingness to give it up the Gary you are gonna be a sex lord tonight. I pity them, they'll not stand a chance.

You did say you were going to the dogs didn't you?

Anonymous said...

Bull Pissal (I aint explaining that one) Loved the photograph, taken at the Station Hotel at Dudley I think. I would like to know who the friend is? not Frank by any chance,Love Goober.
PS Hello Ian, and yes i was in Durham circa 1993 Happy New Year Year by the way.

meljoy said...

Chuckie, Dave did say he will eat anything that smells like fish (I haven't forgotten that statement, Dave!), afterall, you are what you eat, so the smell probably ocmes natural to him!

Fishy smell over here usually means infection of some sort, I'd steer clear of that :-)

Delmonti said...

Mel, you are a funny old bird ;-)

just to clear a few things up (and I dont mean the infections). Having a fishy clout is all part and parcel of being a British woman (even more so if you're from Hartlepool). It's a right of passage.

dont say the word ASS. you know I find it offensive. It's ARSE. Dont make me come over there and put you over my knee

meljoy said...

oooh... kinky!

meljoy said...

...not the fish smell... the putting me over your knee...

Anonymous said...

Dave, didnt you dump that bird you got out of the paper for being (and I quote) "too pungent"?

Or were you more choosey back then?

By the way, didnt she work for MIND? Remember what we thought MIND stood for?

Goober - Happy New Year!

Delmonti said...

Ian: That lass I got out of the paper..... I dont remember the "too pungent" bit... although we did meet at the docks in Sunderland.

She was the one who hated window shopping on sunny days... due to the fact she didnt have a shadow or a reflection.

Anonymous said...

She was a vampire?

No wonder she made you take an HIV test...

Delmonti said...

...and I failed that. Reversing round a corner with a 25 foot trailer is bloody difficuly.

chux said...

this is just gonna get messy boys - put your guns away and calm down. OR I'LL HAMBLE ROUND TO LOOK AT YOU AND TURN YOU TO STONE - that bird could could freeze the sun - (if you dont understand who hamble is read the story from this link
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/playschool/trivia.shtml

chux said...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/
playschool/trivia.shtml

just in case you couldnt get the last address to work