Friday, July 29, 2005

WFH - Day 2

Twas another "WFH" day today (thats "Work From Home" for the non privileged ones amongst us).

I'm apparently lucky enough to have a well paid job within the IT industry which affords me the privilege of playing games on the company laptop from the relative security of my scratcher. It's not always great, sometimes its bloody fantastic.

During my "lunch" hours (nope, thats not a typo) I ran a small errand for the "Relatively Inexpensive Nanny" to the pet shop to get some cat food. Normally a very dull experience, mainly because the pet shop in question doesn't actually sell pets..... well not pets I'm used to anyhow. No cat or dogs, just schoals of little fish, locally caught sparrows, monkeybirds and battery hens. Anyhow, today was different. They had hamsters!

I've never owned a hamster, or even wanted to own a hamster..... but have you seen the convoluted condominiums you can get for them? Amazing to say the least. I was so engrossed in all these little compartments I just had to get one.... and I guess a hamster too would come in useful.

So, I'm now the owner of a female hamster and a huge feck-off adventure park for the little beast. Not got a name yet, although Em wants to call her "Angelina" after the Ballerina Rodent cartoon..... not a bad name really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aha you old git! Now we have a blog ring going on. You're on the list.

The old 916 was stolen (along with shed loads of other stuff) in a burglary. The new one is a 749S - compromise required because of various other purchases. like the telly ;-)