Sunday, July 31, 2005

Hit & Run

A quick DVD review...

Mr Moore generally knows his stuff about films, so it's not unusual for me to search out and watch one of his recommendations.

His latest recommendation was The Machinist starring Christian Bale. Mr Moore suggested it was in the same vein (possibly) as Momentum. So an off chance trip to Blockbuster had me clutching "The Machinist"....

Now, Momentum is one of my all time fav films so I had high hopes for The Machinist. Well, it's not in the same league as Momentum....no way. It's very slow..... very very slow.... yes, I think I get it about not having any sleep.... yes yes, I see where you're going with the "man who doesn't exist"....... just get on with it, please.

I dunno 3 maybe 4 hours later it suddenly got interesting, then all of a sudden, the credits start rolling.... Hmmmmm..... oh well never mind then.

Overall, I'd give it 6/10. Yes, it grinds on for far too long, but the end bit makes up for it a tad. Dunno about it being comparable to Momentum, I found it a lot more like Fight Club.


1 comment:

petercmoore said...

Delmonti Dave,

You are wrong. SO wrong.

But, to make it up to you I suggest you go and see the new 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' film. It makes the old one look like, erm, something rubbish.