Monday, May 26, 2008

Dead Miners Boot


Dead Miners Boot, originally uploaded by Delmonti.

I know I know, another cop out posting. There are things going on, but I just cant be arsed to post them....... Hmmmm.. Ok then, here's a short rundown.

Firstly, I should explain the photo. In my new photographic interests I'm collecting dead (discarded) gloves and shoes, and here's my latest..... Well, it was from a few years back but still counts.

New bike possibility: I've test ridden, of all things, a BMW.... The K1200S to be precise. Nice bike with unique features but not as powerful as the Blackbird and at £13000 it's bloody expensive....

Sorry this was supposed to be short, here goes...

Had to replace the sprockets and chain on the 'bird - £400
Shocks on the 'bird are shagged, Honda want £500+ (not gonna happen)
Bike Insurance is due - £200+
I'm having delusions of living a happy peaceful life with the woman of my dreams - so I've joined a dating site, the lack of interest is quickly returning me to my natural state of mind...... that and extreme self abuse.
I've been out in the countryside walking - thanks to Pooch who can read a map for the best routes that pass pubs with decent ale.

ps: I dont think there was a miner attached and burried under that boot.....

6 comments:

jomoore said...

Fantastic - I love these photos.

I joined a dating site over a year ago (only in order to support a friend, you understand). I got an email the other day: "Poncy58 has winked at you!". I'm now hiding under the table in case Poncy58 winks at me again. Shudder! Promise me you've come up with a better username than that...?

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with a bit of "Ownism" - just rememember its such a persistent stain....

chux said...

Ownism? not sure i get that?

Anyhow I'd forget spending money or getting new fancy things mate as any potential 'new bird' will have the lot! You and I know this!

I am guessing with the working hip joint there has been a revival in other parts of your body too!? And now you fancy giving the new 'joint' a test run.

Are you sure you are not actually 'Poncy58' that Jo was mentioning? It sounds familiar for some reason??

jomoore said...

Hmm... Have you grown a very big moustache??

Delmonti said...

Jo: it's ok, I'm not Poncy58.... I'm simply not the Poncy kind.

Chux: Believe me, you do get Ownism, I've heard the rumours.

Jo: Errmmm. No. But I do have a fake beard on my desk at work as sometimes I deny being me

chux said...

I've looked up 'Ownism' and cannot find a reference anywhere. whats it all about??

Found 'Onism' is that what was meant? Something about thinking to long about stuff.

Other than that there is 'Onanism' which is what I thought the comment was on about originally. It has the slant about playing with oneself! (aka fliddler on the roof!)