Sunday, May 11, 2008

It's not all 50 degree lean angles

Oh.... it's been awhile then.


I think the last 2+ years of blogging was more to do with Tramadol than it was about me. Since kicking the habit I've felt a definitive decline in spewing forth meaningless drivel..... its a small price to pay for a more levelled existence.

The Hip: is now more or less fixed. I was out in the garden playing badminton with Em after doing a 2 mile walk to see the bluebell woods in Hatchlands Park (pictures here)


Last weekend was my first real bike tour since the op. A 4 Day tour of Devon with an average of 200+ miles a day (no straight roads in sight)..... and it was marvelous! (Pictures here)


So I guess this is probably the start of the slowdown with blogging. No doubt there'll be the odd one or two posts, but nothing like the flood from the past...... unless it all goes horribly wrong of course.

5 comments:

petercmoore said...

Great bluebell pics! I tried taking some recently but everything comes out too dark on my camera. I think it's not working properly...

As a fellow blogger who doesn't blog nearly enough, I should encourage you to keep at it. Especially the photo blogs - they're great!

Anonymous said...

Yep instead you're now spewing forth a lot more airborne drivel in gaseous form.....
Man o man.....

Anonymous said...

That's it then? Just use us when you're miserable and then disappear doing manly, physical things once life gets better? Good for you. But I hope you don't stop blogging completely, I'll miss you.

jomoore said...

I enjoy reading the fruits of your 'drug habit', but I'm glad that's all behind you and things are looking up on the hip front.

(Sorry for that sentence...!)

At the very least, post your pics every now and again, because they're fab! I can't bring myself to urge you to write more, because that would be just plain hypocritical, in light of my own postlessness, but I hope you do.

Keep up with the walking and the badminton and the biking and everything else that comes along. :o)

chux said...

bluebells.....something wonderful about a carpet of them we get every year, yet they still bring a smile to the face. It's almost like nature being a little self indulgent and luxurious every once in a while.

I realised the bike was back out again as I saw a photo with Kelly sitting on it in facebook. (i hope you wiped the seat) So you've finally weaned yourself off the painkillers, thats just top news.

As far as blogging is concerned you'll be back!!! I can't believe you are giving up moaning forever. drugs or no drugs!

Congrats! maybe sometime you'll play badmington with me?