Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Plan (walking up a hill in the Lake District) Part 2

Do you remember my PLAN on walking up a hill in the Lake District?

Well, I've had to change the hotel as the original one is fully booked..... but at least I'm booked in! (to the new hotel)

The new gaff can be found here. It's called the Red Lion and is situated right in the middle of Grasmere.

Just to remind people, I'm doing this walk to celebrate my new hip...... and to help me focus on getting it "bedded in"

If anyone is still up for this walk to the top of Helm Crag in The Lake District, Grasmere

on the weekend of August 22-24 2008


the plan is to arrive Friday, walk the hill Saturday morning, get drunk Saturday evening, leave Sunday afternoon after a massive Sunday Lunch.

then feel free to come along. There's no need to book a hotel if ya don't want to, I'm doing it cos I'll need a place to oil the knackered old bones once I've done it.

2 comments:

jomoore said...

As I said on Facebook, I'm in if I can get Thomas babysat over that weekend.

But, I've gone ahead and booked the hotel anyway, just to be sure.

You've inspired me to meet my own challenge of getting slimmer and fitter and actually doing something to prove myself.

Delmonti said...

Inspired by me? the only people ever inspired by me are ex wives and girlfriends, usually to go out and find something much better.

To be honest, loosing weight is a massive hill climb all of its own. More mental than anything else.

It'll be great to have ya coming along