Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Dave "Battenburg" Dawson......

Last week saw another live gig by Miles Hunt and Erica Nockalls to promote Mr Hunts new solo album "Not an exit". As usual, a fine performance which has a tendency to restore my faith in humankind just long enough to get me to the next live event.

When Milo does a solo tour it usually includes a stop off at the Half Moon in Putney, that means it's a local gig.... which in turn allows me to get horribly drunk and to revel in Mr Hunts creations.

Now, Miles is well known for his banter between songs, sometimes he explains the story behind the song, sometimes not.... it can be a lottery. What you don't expect is to hear your name mentioned with regard to one of his songs, which is what happened last week.

Unfortunately, I'd past the point of being attentive to what was being said and missed the gist of why I'd been named.

The song I'd been linked to was "The Cake", a title on the new album...... Thank heavens it wasnt "Size of a cow". I didnt have time after the gig to ask what the connection is as Milo was busy signing stuff and I had a lift to catch.... anyhow, whatever the connection, its bloody great being associated with anything that fella produces.

9 comments:

petercmoore said...

Argh! Didn't know he was playing the Half Moon. Would have gone along with ya (if we were free that night!).

Would have been worth going along just to gaze at the lovely Miss Nockalls.

I'm not at all jealous that got to spend time hanging out with her on the tour, oh no.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/psycrow/274571408/

Delmonti said...

I'm sure I asked you.... I had a spare ticket as well...

Oh well, never mind then. I'll let ya know next time.

chux said...

nice mate

you've gotta find out the story from him and update the blog. thats typical you've not been twatted for yonks and when you are a sterling opportunity for fame goes by!!

Delmonti said...

I simply dont have the legs for fame.

chux said...

that is true i cant argue there! or the backside ha ha ha ha oh i'm going to be sick now

chux said...

btw ....that girl is hmmm pretty

Delmonti said...

She is..... but we all know where that'll end. Bankruptcy, homelessness and restricted access to the kids spiralling down to severe depression and finishing off with suicide.

all of the above can be prevented if you're any of the following.

a) Footballer
b) Sickeningly wealthy
c) a lying, cheating, thieving, womanising, druggie.

Anonymous said...

My goodness that Erica Nockalls is a dangerous little thing - smart, talented and beautiful.

petercmoore said...

Hang on. Apart from being mentioned at a gig, you're also mentioned in the "thanks to..." bit on the album!

How come you didn't mention that then?!?

Having just listened to the song, I'm leaning to the theory about that it's about a bloke who's often just as much a misery-guts as Milo, but can punctuate things with a rapier-sharp wit and sense of humour.

How's that?