Friday, May 04, 2007

Water.....

I'm a product of the industrial 70's. I'm built from processed foods, crimpolene, terylene, artificial sweeteners and I probably contain more E numbers than a primary school's kitchen



My body has a half life of several thousand years and will continue to contaminate the water table for some time to come..... although I do seem to be dissolving from the inside out.... my hip and thyroid is one example and the other is currently blocking the lavatory back at the flat (sorry about that John*..... I attempted to tackle it this morning but as I approached it with the kitchen chair and the builders trowel I swear it growled at me!)

This of course has nothing to do with this post... well not much. You see, I just happened to come across a TV program some weeks ago that suggested Aspartame could be linked with the onset and continuation of arthritis, which is the diagnosis I've been given for my knackered hip.

So, I thought I'd attempt to remove this artificial sweetener from my diet...

That means not drinking anymore "diet" soft drinks (amongst other things of course). So, I was on water only..... I've never been fond of drinking water, I dont really like the taste.... and I've seen what fish do it in.... Then there's bottled water, which has too much of a poncy feeling about it... no, It'll have to be filtered tap water. UK tap water is about as pure as you can get, really..... I filter it cos of the fish thing. I know its irrational, but with the help of a Brita water filter I'm overcoming it.

You know, this chilled filtered tap water is quite nice, I do lapse occasionally and have the odd can of Pepsi Max, but not often. I've even been testing out some brands of Tea.... I'm currently drinking two types at the moment......Twinings Pure White Tea and a Ginger Herbal Tea... which is surprisingly tasty.

Next week I shall be experimenting with Yoga.







* John is my lodger, he rents a room from me. He is not my gay live in lover. If I was gay I'd pick someone much better looking (someone "scrummy")

6 comments:

chux said...

mate that is very 'Zen' I must say. Clearing out the impurities and I bet your skin is starting to glow. How nice. So I'll have to go on M&S online and have a dress sent to you. Thats alright you'll not be the only pig in a wig!! oooohh harsh.

I thought you had to have a gender test to buy a Brita water filter?

I hope it helps the hip tho

Delmonti said...

Chux: Dont bother with the dress, I find your fashion sense a little off, twas a long time since Gingham was popular.

Anonymous said...

The dreaded aspertame...my kids keep telling me its the reason I can't remember anything. I tell them I don't care, without my diet pepsi my quality of life sucks. If they'd just make water fizzy and sweet, I'm sure I could get myself to drink it.

Anonymous said...

"He is not my gay live in lover"

Thank God for that - I was wondering why you were lighting all the scented candles,humming to yourself and wearing that "outfit" that you reckon is something to do with biking.

Ah well at least I can sleep safe :o)

Hi Hi

chux said...

I can't believe I didnt mention the bog blocking! Mate you'll need a JCB to clear it out! I know i've unfortunately use the bathroom after you and rushed out again shouting OMG!

Delmonti said...

"The Lodger": you always sleep well, I think its one of many benefits of Rhohipnol