Wednesday, February 21, 2007

When there is a hush that I contain.

I'm still 39 at the time of this posting.....

For some reason being 40 has played on my mind, well, to be honest, since I was a teenager. 40 cant happen to me, or if it does I'll have done everything there is to do. Being 40 when I was a kid, in a mining town was the end. Thats it fella, you've had ya lot, sit back and perfect the art of being increasingly useless, embarrassing and alcoholic with serious bladder weakness and a mistrust of people who smile.

But back then I still had enthusiasm hope and glory, I could make a difference and hopefully, with a lot of luck and help from like minded people I'd somehow make the world a better place. Cos in the late 70's we had a choice, either be another coughing black lung statistic or perhaps, just perhaps escape to something a little brighter.

And then you come into contact with the arseholes of this world, put here for no reason than to test your faith in the human race. Be it managers, salesmen, politicians, wives, girlfriends, council officials, accountants, anything ginger, people from the Isle Of White, pilots, doctors, dentists or architects they strap you into that chair and spout forth a million reasons why.... YOU ARE WRONG.

And... for a time..... I believed them.

and that's why I havnt done everything I should have done.

Mitigating circumstances M'lod.....

So, I'm asking the Universe for an extension. I need some extended play here. I got sucked into a downward spiral of negativity on a colossal scale..... I think I've done my time, now it's your turn you fuckers, for the lies, for the hurt, for the evil that lives deep within your shallow soulless hearts - you know who you are - welcome to your cheap seats, I hope this really really hurts, keep those pearly whites glowing, cos you're gonna need them where you're going.

If ever I needed some cake, now would be the time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live on the other side of negative now days, you can too and what a great place it is. I also live in what was once a coal mining town, black lung from that or a broken back from working in one of the potteries. The beauty of being 40 or over is that you CAN tell everyone to get bent, you're offically a grown up and that is fine. Hows your hip?

chux said...

Ahh your still a lad yet! You've got your head in the right place to make a difference to you and your darlings life however small or great.

Living life and not just letting life pass us by is the answer. (i think) I'll say it again its important not to allow ourselves to become victims to our circumstances and environments. We can all do something even if its just a little something.

You are doing something bud and deserve some self respect for it. Give yourself a pat on the back fella!!