Monday, September 04, 2006

Gerry Anderson is innocent

Steve Irwin: Self professed "Crocodile Hunter" died during filming.

I'm no fan of this fella, I just feel for his two children who now have to grow up without a father.

I've got nothing against wildlife conservation, and I too love wildlife documentaries, but there's a breed of presenter out there now that is taking the piss..... and one of them was Mr Irwin.

You didn't have to be the sharpest tool in the shed to work out where his career was heading, it was only a matter of time before Mr Irwin rediscovered the true meaning of "Dangerous" & "Wild" when pissing around with these animals.

Some say Mr Irwin taught us a lot about wild animals...... I don't think he did, I already know that snakes, crocodiles, lions, tigers, spiders.....(basically, anything that lives in water or in the jungle) and now, Stingray are the main reasons some of us developed larger brains and now live in gated communities and drive around in LandRover Discoveries.

Mr Irwin tried his best to sensationalise these animals by performing stunts, he even involved his month old son at one point. He became famous not for his unrivaled knowledge of these dangerous creatures, but for the guy who "just might get eaten live on TV"


.

3 comments:

Russ said...

Oh lordy here we go again...grief by association !

"Listeners (612 ABC Brisbane) were deeply shocked by the news of Irwin's death. "I feel absolutely devastated because I actually feel – and I haven’t felt this for a long time – the same way I felt when Princess Diana had been killed," said Roz.

meljoy said...

hmph.

petercmoore said...

Luckily the Princess Diana inquest is going to open shortly and we'll find out for sure whether she was bitten by an alligator or stung by a giant ray...