Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Pete Moore found in a pool of his own vomit. Thats a lot of vomit, even at the shallow end.

I had a call this morning......

"Hi, thought I'd better let you know that Pete was found drunk and unconscious this morning and was taken to A&E in Liverpool..... I think he'd been to a gig"


Eh? Pete Moore? Drunk? Hospital?.......... Liverpool?........ why tell me?........ which gig?..... who'd he seen?......and what the feck is that smell*?


Oh, I get it, its a dream!...... bollocks, now I'm gonna have to wake up, I'm gonna have to make sense of this, there's no way I can continue with this dream, its just too weird.

It is.... weird. I don't usually remember my dreams, the ones I do remember are usually to do with family or musicians.... and they are nearly always shrouded in oddness and mist. But this morning it was all in HD-Ready-42"-LCD-Plasma vision.

So, Pete, if you could shed some light on why I'm being woken in the early hours of the morning with alarming news like this, then I'd be very thankful.

Picture: Pete Moore just before setting off for Liverpool to see Peters & Lee in concert......in my head.

*smell: sweet tobacco, like a pipe.

7 comments:

chux said...

the first thing i think of is maybe its valium causing this. Or how about eating cheese too late at night.

Delmonti said...

I dont eat cheese without it being mixed with Pizza. It's not drug induced either as I'm made of inert matter and it would pass through me like light through the holy firmament.

I do eat coal tho'..... but that seldom involves Peters & Lee.

meljoy said...

oh pictures from the office...

eating cheese at any time of the day can cause this!

petercmoore said...

Whatever happened to my hat?

That's the wittiest title for a blog I've read in a long time - did you nick it?

Wednesday... Not sure why I would crop up in your dreams. At that time on Weds morning I was sleeping the sleep of the just (just unconscious) in our rented holiday cottage in the Yorkshire Dales (which is why I haven't blogged for 2 weeks).

If you're having problems with your sub-conscious, I suggest you take it up with your content provider!

Delmonti said...

As I'm readng Mr Roddy Moir's book a the moment I shall answer you in his style....

Ahem.....

Stage direction: hold both lapels and in a pompus and self important way announce...

"That was my idea that was"

petercmoore said...

I think you should get a job writing headlines.

jomoore said...

Is it better to be found in a pool of your own vomit than someone else's?