Wednesday, August 02, 2006

feck...

My PC's buggered.

First, my system drive passed away..... then the mother board died of shame. Of course, being in the industry and knowing how dodgy hardware can be when you really rely on it, I took all of my collective 20 odd years knowledge on backup principle and procedure and totally fecking ignored it.

So, I got a hammer and reduced my Shuttle XPC back to its component parts..... then spent 45 mins picking silicone and capacitors outta the carpet..... it's at times like these I wish I still had a wife to slap.

7 comments:

meljoy said...

okay, first of all LMAO @ your two most recent posts (including this one). And also, I don't know very much about computers, but I'm thinking that a hammer need not be involved? The wife might be useful though...

Delmonti said...

Aha.... thank you Mel. It's still nice to know someone knows when I'm joking.

Anonymous said...

You told me you weren't joking and you meant every word of it :o)

chux said...

dozey twat - serves you right!! I've got a job like this where i'm gonna have to go back to basics on my router and I just haven't got the inclination or patience. Do you think slapping the Mrs will help then?
I knew a kid once who shagged his dog! I bet that helped release some stress too! Shame I haven't got a dog, but you have a cat! How's about i get 10 mins with the cat if I let you have a go on my girl?

Delmonti said...

Com on Chux, you know there's no better satisfaction available to us men than giving the wife a smack around the back of the head..... besides, its been proven to do them good.... cooking and cleaning duties go throught the roof after a clip round the lug....

Go on, you know you want to ;-)

jomoore said...

Slapping wives and shagging pets... This post has turned into a Viz comic. Parp! (Phnar!)

meljoy said...

omg, you guys are nuts! cat vs wifey, hmmm... now there's a thinker...