Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I'm mmmeeeelllltinggggggg...

Yes, it's official..... Just like the Wicked Witch of the West I too am melting.

It was confirmed by my recent visit to the rheumatologist who agreed that "whatever" caused my hip to dissolve is now chewing its way through my left knee, hence the pain keeping me awake during the night.

He did give me the medical name for it, I cant remember it of course..... in layman's terms its some lining in or around the knee joint that's inflamed (they don't know why its inflamed) which causes the intense pain.....

I have my own theory..... As I'm not involved in a relationship my body is missing the intense emotional pain caused by the constant tedium of enforced companionship and so has turned against my left hip and knee and is slowly dissolving them from the inside out.

So, as the rheumatologist has more or less washed his hands of me I'll be back to see the knife-man. No doubt he'll complain about my collection of fat but at least its a painful limp in the right direction.


So, to lighten the mood can you think of ANY other characters from TV/Movies or books that have melted?

Here's some to get you started....

Wicked Witch of the West (The Wizard Of Oz)
Me

10 comments:

jomoore said...

Vincent Price/Paris Hilton - House of Wax.

petercmoore said...

"House of Wax"! I was going to say that.

OK then - that guy in Robocop who falls into the barrel of industrial waste and melts.

Does Jeff Goldblum melt in "The Fly", or did I imagine that?

Anonymous said...

Davross (Dr Who) Ash (Alien) sorry thats me done Goober!!!

chux said...

Judge Doom played by Christopher Lloyd in Who Framed Roger Rabbit melted a good one in his own creation 'Dip'.

I just melted who I saw the shape on Jessica Rabbit!! arrroooobaaahhh (i know its a cartoon but as i'm a nerd it's allowed)

btw bud - dont forget to check out honestjohn.co.uk when you start your car hunt - he'll give you the low down.

theboywil said...

The Snowman... :-(

jomoore said...

Ooh, ooh - Terminator 2 - both terminators.

And Thomas just came up with one - Gollum in Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. He ends up in the lava, so must have melted, right?

Mark said...

the cartoon character that meets The Dip in Roger Rabbit.

Anonymous said...

All melting characters covered before I got here. This diagnoses totally sucks...tell your doctors you demand a better one!

chux said...

oh btw

glad you liked the link to the Midge Ure song and your hero the drummer, thoght you would!

Anonymous said...

The nazi guy at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Gave me nightmares as a kid that.

http://www.listentome.net/raiderstoht.gif

He's alive and well and dissecting bodies on TV now though.

http://dl.nlb.gov.sg/digitalk/plastination3.jpg