Monday, August 27, 2007

today, I will be that ghost.

Wow.... how quiet can a place be? How excited about [another] new day can someone be?

This morning was very different to the last nine. Not once did I have to say "Shhhhh" people are still asleep! or ask what should we have for breakfast today.....

The flat is still the same, but there's a huge void. The TV's not on, there's no trail of coloured paper, wrappers, crisps, colouring pens, socks, the odd shoe or bits of Barbie that I need to navigate.

Today, my big chair is empty. Thats were Em can usually be found first thing,wrapped in her Barbie dressing gown, waiting for me to join her while the pain au choc warms up in the kitchen.

They say ghosts are attracted to kids because of the huge life force they contain.......

today, I will be that ghost.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like a marble in a shoe box when they go...I know. Hugs David.

Anonymous said...

I know what ya mean mate - I was really sad leaving my lads back last week :-(

Chris said...

Oh, Dave - I bet she's missing you too.

Over the last week I've found myself thinking 'Hooray, nearly the end of the school holidays. I can get my life back, watch what I want to watch on the telly, have access to my computer whenever I like, have a reasonably tidy house, only have a yogurt for lunch if I feel like it'. But I won't like it. Added to which he's starting 'big' school. One more step towards independence.

chux said...

nice.......