Monday, July 24, 2006

Well done Blackburn......

for possibly THE most scary gig I've been to. I did take photo's but to be honest, they aren't worth showing.

Blackburns free festival probably sounds like a great idea on paper, but when you open the beer tent at 10.30 am you can pretty much guarentee most of the audience will be lying in pools of their own piss and vomit when the headline acts appear.

And it was just that, I quick stroll around the field at 6pm and if it wasn't for the myriad of lurid coloured shirts, flip-flops and fat birds with their beer guts hanging out it would of looked like a battlefield. Add to that the overflowing "Lost Children" tent awash with abandoned "mistakes" and I think you get the picture.

The Cops decided to make "camp" within the artists area backstage which gave the crews a fantastic insight into the inner workings of how to disable a drunken fuckwit with nothing more than four O'levels and a blunt object.

Anyhow, here's a picture of my cat.


2 comments:

meljoy said...

Is the cat drunk as well?

chux said...

class mate - didn't find yaself a wife there then. I'm genuinely surprised!