Sunday, April 16, 2006

Monkey Tennis

How bloody dismal eh?

It's Easter Sunday..... blokes all over the country are having a great time with their families while I sit here, on me tod. Not strictly all my own fault of course, Emily is having a great time in Italy with her mother and visiting dubious-not-really-related-family and I'm on-call which means I cant naff off on the bike to someplace more twisty....

Oh well, never mind then. I'll do something pointless, unproductive and time consuming then... That's it I got it! I'll piss off to Monkey World* in Dorset......

So, that's exactly what I did.... I set the Sat-Nav and off I went...

I think this is Amy.... or it might be Ro-ro. I dont mean to be ape-ist, but they all look the same to me



Monkey World is an Ape Rescue Center in the UK..... It was brought to my attention by my Tivo some months back when it decided to record several episodes of a program called "Monkey Business" on the Animal Planet channel. I'm addicted, but confused as Animal Planet show the episodes in no particular order.... very odd indeed.

2 comments:

jomoore said...

Monkey World! Excellent! I've always meant to go but never have. Though I have been to Tank World, which is practically next door. I love the idea of all the monkeys escaping and breaking into Tank World. Oh what mayhem would ensue...!

chux said...

mate where's the monkey? looks like a Dawson to me!!!!

Been to this wonderful place myself, long drive though!! It's less than 2 years ago we went. We were staying in a boring crap hole effectionately know as Swanage. Believe me I'd rather have stayed in a cage with my hairy brothers than that most boring of seaside venues.

Hope you feel at one with nature after that. Sorry about you missing your little girl bud too. Bet she'll be excited to see you and and to tell you everything, she knows you are the best!!!!

sleep well and all the best brov
Chucks